Experience the Advantages of Building up Instead of Out
Besides giving you extra living space, second story additions in Arlington provide several benefits:
- Affordability: If you’re considering building a horizontal addition, you’ll have to pay the cost of digging a foundation and performing site prep work. A vertical build helps you avoid these expenses. You’ll also pay less for permits and other fees.
- More design flexibility: Another story gives you numerous options for customizing your home’s design. If you’re planning to start or add to your family, you can gain extra bedroom space. You could also include those dream amenities like a home gym, office or entertainment center.
- Better views: If your home is in the right location, a second level could provide some stunning glimpses of our nation’s capital and the surrounding Arlington countryside. This feature can make your home more attractive to prospective buyers should you decide to sell.
- Ground floor improvements: Adding another story also allows you to make changes to the first floor. You can complete a whole-house renovation project that serves your family’s needs for years to come.
About Our Second Floor Addition Design-Build Process
As a full-service design-build firm, Ideal Construction & Remodeling has the in-house expertise and resources to manage every aspect of your project. Having a single source of contact enhances communication and gives you more control over the outcome.
Our detailed construction process consists of the following steps:
- Initial consultation: Our project manager will meet with you in your Arlington home at no cost to discuss your objectives. We’ll take measurements and gather the other information we need to generate a custom design for your home addition project.
- Planning: We’ll complete the design for your new addition. Upon your approval, we’ll start planning your project and create a detailed schedule for each step. We’ll even handle the cumbersome process of obtaining all the necessary permits.
- Construction: Our well-trained, experienced crew will complete your addition quickly and efficiently under the supervision of an on-site project manager. We’ll keep all work areas neat and clean to minimize disruptions to your family’s lifestyle.
- Final steps: Near the end, we’ll conduct a walk-through to show you everything we’ve done and address any lingering concerns. We’ll also list any finishing touches and make sure to complete them to your specifications.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Learn more about what makes Ideal Construction & Remodeling stand apart from the other second floor addition contractors in Arlington and beyond. Contact us to set up a free initial consultation today. Give us a call at 703-241-1411 or fill out our online contact form.