If you’re interested in expanding your space, the team at McLean, VA-based Ideal Construction & Remodeling has the resources and experience necessary to complete a flawless second-story addition to your DMV-area home. We’re a full-service design-build firm that serves homeowners in Fairfax, Falls Church, Arlington, Annandale, Alexandria and Vienna, VA, as well as Washington DC, Potomac, Bethesda and Chevy Chase, MD and the surrounding areas.
Why Choose A Design-Build Firm for Your Second-Floor Addition
When you think about adding a second story to your home, it can seem a bit daunting, but expanding vertically makes sense if you have a small lot or want to preserve your open green space. Don’t give up your gardens or that old shade tree — add up instead of adding on!
Our design-build company has years of experience constructing upstairs additions in the Washington, DC and Northern Virginia area. We’re familiar with all local codes and standards that you must meet to keep your second-story addition in compliance. Throughout the process, you’ll find that our Northern-VA-based home addition company provides full visibility and transparency while maintaining a professional, efficient project workflow.
Our design-build method is simple and can be tailored to your unique wants and needs. Our process includes:
- Initial consultation: To begin, one of our project managers will set up a complimentary site visit. We’ll learn more about your two-story addition priorities and take measurements of the existing space. This meeting usually lasts about one to two hours.
- Design and planning: During this stage, our architects, designers and project managers will work with you to finalize the design and draft more detailed construction plans. We’ll discuss all the specifics, including design, functionality, budget and more.
- Construction: Once you’ve agreed on a design for your upstairs addition and signed the contract, we’ll pull the necessary permits and review the final production schedule with you. During this process, we’ll take steps to ensure we’re protecting your home from the construction process and minimizing disruptions to your family’s lifestyle. You’ll also have direct access to the project manager who is overseeing the work during this stage.
- Walk-through and project completion: Toward the end of the project, we’ll conduct a walk-through with you. We’ll prepare a final punch list of any remaining tasks — and complete them quickly. We’ve finished your project after this point, and your warranty period will begin.
Why Should I Add An Upstairs to My House?
There are plenty of reasons for adding a second story to your Washington-DC-area home, including:
- Cost-effectiveness: Building up can be more affordable than building out. You won’t have to do any foundation work, which can be one of the costliest parts of home remodeling. Plus, acquiring a permit for a second-floor addition is less of a hassle, and the fees are much lower than obtaining a permit for a new building.
- More space: Adding a new level that fits on top of your home’s existing structure means you’ll double the building’s square footage in a short time frame. Second-floor additions also offer design flexibility. You can design and configure your second story space to fit your specific preferences. For example, you can move all bedrooms upstairs to create more privacy and allow for design flexibility on the ground floor. Your contractor can create the second-story addition and help you redesign the first floor.
- Stay in the neighborhood: If you love where you live but have little to no space to expand horizontally, you can solve your dilemma by expanding up. If you have a large backyard but don’t want a new structure reducing your outdoor space, you can add a second story. Preserve your yard’s landscaping and use the extra space for other purposes, such as a pool, garden or family playground.
- Extra privacy: Maybe you need more space for your children, or perhaps your in-laws are moving in with you. Whatever the case, a second story will allow for additional privacy, even if you have a growing family. Building a second-floor addition will enable you to create extra rooms and bathrooms. Your kids, guests and in-laws can finally have their own space.
- Added value: Adding a second story addition to your Northern Virginia home is also a great way to boost its value and increase your listing price should you decide to sell. Adding extra bedrooms and bathrooms to your second floor can increase the value of your home significantly.
- Beautiful views: If you live near interesting sights and extraordinary attractions, building a second story gives you a perfect chance to enjoy the fantastic views every day. Picturesque sights can be therapeutic and create a feeling of ambiance and serenity in your home.
- Create additional income: Second-story additions create extra rooms that you can rent out to college students or young single professionals. For more privacy, you can design an outdoor staircase that tenants use to access their space. Constructing an outdoor staircase won’t be a major concern if you hire experienced contractors.
- Chance to remodel the ground floor: If you have always wanted to remodel your home and create extra space, adding a second story will allow you to achieve both objectives at the same time. When building a second story, you have to make changes to the ground floor so it can support the structural requirements of the upper level. As a result, you have the opportunity to remodel and upgrade the ground floor to fit your design requirements.
Contact us or give us a call at (703) 241-1411 for second-floor additions in Annandale, Arlington, Falls Church, McLean and all the surrounding areas!
Our Area of Service for Home Additions & Renovations
Are you looking to add a second floor to make your Vienna or McLean home more livable? For two generations, our family-owned company has served the home remodeling and renovation needs of homeowners throughout the Washington, DC area. We can transform your Vienna or McLean-area home with a second-story addition that gives you more room and enhances your lifestyle.
We are an award-winning design-build firm that offers personal service and remains rooted in the McLean community. Rest assured that your second-floor addition project will be supervised by one or more of our family members, and we will treat your home as if it were our own.
- Chevy Chase
- Falls Church
- Foxhall Crescent
- Great Falls
Schedule A Free Consultation for your Second Floor Addition Project
Building a second story addition to your home in the McLean or Vienna area can add instant value to your property. You’ll expand your space and have the chance to build and design the home of your dreams.
Trust the high-quality services of a professional contractor who can capture all your design specifications in your second story addition. If you want to work with a team of expert design and construction specialists, you’ve come to the right place. At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, we’re ready to get started on your second-floor addition in the Washington, DC area.
You don’t have to search for “second-story addition builders near me” anymore. Take the next step and contact the pros at Ideal Construction & Remodeling online or by phone at (703) 420-3824 to schedule your free consultation.