Adding a Second Story Addition to Your Home in Annandale, Arlington, Falls Church, or McLean
When you think about adding a second story onto your home, it can seem a bit daunting. But, expanding vertically actually makes sense if you have a small lot, or you want to preserve your open green space. Don’t give up your gardens or that old shade tree—add up instead of adding on!
There are plenty of reasons for wanting to add a second story to your home, including:
- Cost-effectiveness. Building up can be more affordable than building out. For example, you won’t have to do any foundation work, which can be one of the costliest parts of home remodeling.
- More space. Adding a new level that fits on top of your home’s existing structure means you’ll double its square footage in a short period of time.
- Ability to stay in the neighborhood. If you have little to no space to expand horizontally, but you love your neighborhood, you can solve your dilemma by expanding up.
- Extra privacy. Maybe you need more space for your children, or perhaps your in-laws are moving in. Whatever the case, a second story will allow for additional privacy, even while your family is growing.
- Add value. Adding a second story addition to your Northern Virginia home is also a great way to increase your listing price should you decide to sell.
Contact us or give us a call at (703) 241-1411 for second story additions in Annandale, Arlington, Falls Church, McLean, and all surrounding areas!
Second Story Additions in Northern Virginia
At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, our design-build process is simple and tailored to your unique wants and needs. Our process includes:
- Initial consultation. To begin, one of our project managers will set up a complimentary site visit. During this visit, we will learn more about your two story addition priorities and take measurements of the existing space. This meeting usually lasts about 1-2 hours.
- Design and planning. During this stage, our architects, designers, and project managers work with you to finalize the design and draft more detailed construction plans. This is when we discuss specifics, including design, functionality, budget, and more.
- Construction. Once the contract is signed, we pull the necessary permits and review the final production schedule with you. During this process, we take measures to ensure your home is protected from the construction process and dust. You will correspond with the project manager regularly during this stage.
- Walk-through and project completion. Toward the end of the project, we conduct a walk-through with you and prepare a final punch list of any items not yet completed. We make effort to complete these items quickly. At this point, the project is completed and your warranty period begins.
Schedule Your Consultation for Second Story Additions in Annandale, Arlington, Falls Church, McLean & Surrounding Areas
If you’re ready to work with a team of expert design and construction specialists, you’ve come to the right place. At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, we are ready to get started on your second story addition. Contact us online or by phone at (703) 241-1411 to schedule your free consultation.
We offer home addition services in Northern Virginia and surrounding areas, including Annandale, Arlington, Bethesda, Burke, Fairfax, Falls Church, Foxhall Crescent, Georgetown, Great Falls, McLean, Oakton, Palisades, Potomac, Reston, Vienna, and Washington, DC.