If you’re interested in expanding your space, the team at McLean, VA-based Ideal Construction & Remodeling has the resources and experience necessary to complete a flawless second-story addition to your DMV-area home. We’re a full-service design-build firm that serves homeowners in Fairfax, Falls Church, Arlington, Annandale, Alexandria and Vienna, VA, as well as Washington DC, Potomac, Bethesda and Chevy Chase, MD and the surrounding areas.
Design-Build Firm: Second-Story Additions in Annandale, Arlington, Falls Church and McLean
When you think about adding a second story to your home, it can seem a bit daunting, but expanding vertically makes sense if you have a small lot or want to preserve your open green space. Don’t give up your gardens or that old shade tree — add up instead of adding on!
Our design-build company has years of experience constructing second-story additions in the Washington DC and Northern Virginia area. We’re familiar with all local codes and standards that you must meet to keep your second-story addition in compliance. Throughout the process, you’ll find that our Northern-VA-based home addition company provides full visibility and transparency while maintaining a professional, efficient project workflow.
Our design-build method is simple and can be tailored to your unique wants and needs. Our process includes:
- Initial consultation: To begin, one of our project managers will set up a complimentary site visit. We’ll learn more about your two-story addition priorities and take measurements of the existing space. This meeting usually lasts about one to two hours.
- Design and planning: During this stage, our architects, designers and project managers will work with you to finalize the design and draft more detailed construction plans. We’ll discuss all the specifics, including design, functionality, budget and more.
- Construction: Once you’ve agreed on a design for your second-story addition and signed the contract, we’ll pull the necessary permits and review the final production schedule with you. During this process, we’ll take steps to ensure we’re protecting your home from the construction process and minimizing disruptions to your family’s lifestyle. You’ll also have direct access to the project manager who is overseeing the work during this stage.
- Walk-through and project completion: Toward the end of the project, we’ll conduct a walk-through with you. We’ll prepare a final punch list of any remaining tasks — and complete them quickly. We’ve finished your project after this point, and your warranty period will begin.
The Benefits of Second-Story Additions
There are plenty of reasons for adding a second story to your Washington-DC-area home, including:
- Cost-effectiveness: Building up can be more affordable than building out. You won’t have to do any foundation work, which can be one of the costliest parts of home remodeling.
- More space: Adding a new level that fits on top of your home’s existing structure means you’ll double the building’s square footage in a short time frame.
- Stay in the neighborhood: If you love where you live but have little to no space to expand horizontally, you can solve your dilemma by expanding up.
- Extra privacy: Maybe you need more space for your children, or perhaps your in-laws are moving in with you. Whatever the case, a second story will allow for additional privacy, even if you have a growing family.
- Added value: Adding a second story addition to your Northern Virginia home is also a great way to boost its value and increase your listing price should you decide to sell.
Contact us or give us a call at (703) 241-1411 for second-story additions in Annandale, Arlington, Falls Church, McLean and all the surrounding areas!
Our Second-Story Addition Services Are Available to Homeowners in Northern Virginia, DC and Maryland
We offer home addition services in Washington DC and the surrounding Northern Virginia and Maryland cities, including:
- Chevy Chase
- Falls Church
- Foxhall Crescent
- Great Falls
Schedule Your Consultation for Second-Story Additions in Annandale, Arlington, Falls Church, McLean and Surrounding Areas
If you want to work with a team of expert design and construction specialists, you’ve come to the right place. At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, we’re ready to get started on your second-story addition in the Washington DC area.
You don’t have to search for “second-story addition builders near me” anymore. Just contact the pros at Ideal Construction & Remodeling online or by phone at (703) 420-3824 to schedule your free consultation.