From a warm, glassed-in greenhouse feel to a nook with skylight windows, the perfect sunroom should complement your unique style and add value to your home. As a full-service design-build firm, we’ll work with you to plan, design and construct a beautiful addition for your home in the McLean and Arlington areas. Whether you already know what you want to build or need a little help turning your vision into a reality with some sunroom ideas, we’re here to help!
Benefits of Building a Sunroom Addition
Depending on your preferences, the style and design of your sunroom can vary. Some homeowners choose to remodel an existing screen porch, while others opt to build sunroom additions from the ground up. When you decide to construct a sunroom addition instead of remodeling an existing structure, you’ll experience a variety of benefits, including:
- Better energy efficiency: A sunroom will let more sunshine and warmth into your home, which in turn could lower your energy costs during the colder months. With a sunroom, you don’t have to worry about installing sophisticated heating systems.
- Extended space: By adding a sunroom, you’re increasing the square footage of your home, which means more space for entertaining with family and friends, relaxing, storing your belongings or whatever your family wants. Constructing a sunroom can expand your living space and bring natural light into your home.
- Increased home value: By adding on a new custom sunroom or patio enclosure, you can increase the resale value of your home significantly should you decide to sell it. Homeowners often wonder about sunroom cost and how much an addition would be. With our superior design-build team, a new sunroom will help bolster your home’s value in the event you choose to sell.
- Enhanced comfort level: Every homeowner wants to live a life full of comfort and luxury. Building a custom sunroom or patio enclosure can help you achieve this goal. From beautiful views to the up-close connection with nature, sunrooms are the perfect home additions for you to enjoy the outdoors without having to experience the harsh elements.
- Improved health: A sunroom in your home can offer you and your family many health benefits. Sunlight can help lower cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, increase your vitamin D levels and boost your immune system.
- Opportunities for upgrades: Building a sunroom gives you the opportunity to upgrade other aspects of your home. You can include upgrades such as air conditioners, floor heating and electrical installations to increase the functionality and comfort of your indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Additional versatility: A sunroom creates extra space that can serve a variety of purposes. You may use the sunroom as your workout area, your indoor garden or even for storage. You can also convert the space into a playroom for the kids or use the additional room as your sunny office space.
- Easier to maintain: Sunrooms do not require any unique maintenance routines. Most sunrooms feature thermally broken walls and double-paned insulated glass for enhanced insulation and durability. The key to maintaining this space is to hire professional sunroom contractors to help with the construction.
- Easy conversion: Most modern homes already have an attached porch. This makes it very easy for experienced contractors to convert a porch into a sunroom. Having a sunroom in your home can go a long way toward increasing the value of your property and allow you to enjoy the benefits of the outdoors within an enclosed area.
Who Could Benefit From a Sunroom Addition?
The misconception about sunrooms is that they’re only useful during the spring and summer months. In reality, when you’re building a new sunroom addition, you’re in control of the design and functionality. You don’t need to include a lot of windows if you don’t want them. You can also opt to heat and cool the space, and turn it into a four-season room for year-round enjoyment.
A home addition allows you to create a space you adore by customizing it to your liking. Use your sunroom addition as any of the following:
- Breakfast nook and well-lit dining area
- Lounging room
- Reading area
- Formal living room
- Space for a hot tub or spa
- Entertainment space for guests
We’ll Manage Your Project From Start to Finish
As a full-service design-build team, we’ll handle all the details of your project, from the initial design phase to the final walk-through. Our hands-on approach removes the burden from your shoulders. Having one company manage all aspects of your project can also ensure a faster completion time — you’ll be enjoying your new addition before you know it!
Our comprehensive designing and constructing process encompasses the following steps:
- Initial consultation: We’ll set up a convenient time to meet with you to discuss your project goals and budget. We’ll also take measurements and gather other information we’ll need during the planning phase.
- Design and planning: We’ll take the information we obtain during the consultation and use it to plan your project. Our in-house design team will keep your vision in mind as we design your beautiful new additions.
- Construction: Once you’ve signed off on the design and the project terms, we’ll start the construction process. A dedicated project manager will oversee every aspect of the work to ensure the highest quality. We’ll also keep you informed of the progress so you’ll know that the job is on schedule.
- Walk-through and finishing steps: When we’ve nearly completed your project, we’ll take you through the work area to show you everything we’ve done. We’ll also make a list of any minor work we need to do to ensure everything meets your specifications.
Other Addition Services We Offer in McLean, Arlington and More
We don’t stop at sunrooms either. Among many other home renovation options, we can also provide you with:
- Second story additions: If you need more room but don’t have the lot space to expand horizontally, consider adding a second floor to your home. You’ll get the extra living area you need without cutting into your yard or surrounding property.
- Garage additions: Who says a garage is only for storing automobiles or unused household items? We can build a new garage or renovate an existing structure you can use as a home office, extra bedroom, workout room, or art studio. If you can envision it, we can make it happen.
- In-law suite additions: An in-law suite is an additional living space in an attached or detached structure. It can also be a self-contained apartment within a residence that offers privacy for relatives or guests.
- Basement and attic renovations: We can transform these often-underutilized areas into comfortable spaces that can fit your family’s lifestyle, whether you need an office or a spare bedroom.
- Whole house renovations: If you don’t want to stop at adding a sunroom, Ideal Construction & Remodeling can handle more extensive interior and exterior remodeling projects. We’ll help you create your dream home from basement to attic, and you won’t even have to move to another house!
Contact the Best Sunroom Builders in the Region
As one of the leading sunroom addition companies in Washington and the surrounding areas, including Fairfax, Vienna, Falls Church, Great Falls, Arlington, Chevy Chase, Bethesda, and McLean, Ideal Construction & Remodeling will deliver a result that exceeds your expectations. Contact us online or by phone at 703-241-1411 to get your project started today.
Page Updated 01/19/2022