Custom Home Building in Northern Virginia
We make building a custom home easy for our customers. Let us worry about zoning laws, regulations and codes. All you have to do is think about how you’ll decorate your new home. Our process includes:
- Complimentary site/lot visit: After you’ve contacted Ideal Construction & Remodeling, one of our design-build professionals will pay you a visit to see the site, discuss your goals and budget, and go over big picture details. If you need to find a lot on which to build your home, we can help with that too!
- Design and planning: After viewing a preliminary proposal, our team gets work planning out each step of the home construction process to ensure we meet deadlines and conform to your budget. We also help you choose the types of products, finishes and materials used to construct your home.
- Construction: Once all designs are approved, construction can begin! As we build your new home, we have project managers on-site, available for any questions or concerns that might arise. You also receive a project portal on our website, which displays details about the status of your custom home.
- Walkthrough and completion: As soon as construction is complete, our team thoroughly cleans the site, allowing you to tour and assess the project fully. At this time, all final tasks are completed, and your new home is ready!
Benefits of Building a Custom Home in Northern Virginia
Perhaps you’re not entirely sold on the process of building a new home. Although it may not suit every homeowner’s needs, custom homes offer many benefits. These include:
- Aesthetic control: Building your dream home from the ground up means you have control over every creative choice associated with your new house! From floor to ceiling, or carpet to chandelier, our process gives homeowners total control.
- Cost-effectiveness: Depending on your circumstances, building a new home may be more cost-effective than a large renovation project. We can help you decide if this is true for your project!
- Energy efficiency: Older homes sometimes fall victim to higher energy costs due to outdated appliances or poor insulation. By building a new home, you have total control over the appliances and materials used during construction, which means increased energy efficiency and lower bills from the very beginning.
- Superior materials: The quality of building products continues to improve. Constructing a new home gives you access to the latest, most innovative materials on the market. When you buy an older house, you don’t always know what you’re getting — or how long it will hold up.
- Reduced competition: Finding the right home can be difficult, especially in a seller’s market where the prices are typically much higher. Building your home from scratch enables you to avoid competing with multiple buyers for a property, which can result in a lower overall cost.
- Perfect location: Have you ever had the experience of finding the ideal home in a neighborhood that isn’t right for you and your family? When you build, you get the best of both worlds: the perfect home in a suitable location.
- Lower short-term maintenance costs: If you purchase a home that was constructed 15-20 years ago or longer, you’ll probably inherit several maintenance issues that require attention. When you build a new house, you won’t have to worry about fixing things or discovering problems that aren’t always apparent with an existing property.
- Accommodate lifestyle requirements: If you or a member of your household has special needs that require wheelchair ramps and other accommodations, it’s much easier to include them in a new home design than attempting to retrofit them in an existing structure. You’ll have the flexibility to create a layout that permits maximum mobility.
- Warranties: When you choose a reputable custom home builder like Ideal Construction & Remodeling for your custom project, you also receive comprehensive warranty coverage for your protection and peace of mind.
- Self-expression: Do you have specific tastes that you want to incorporate into your home’s design? With the customization process, you have total freedom to create a residence that shows who you really are. Your new house will stand out from the other properties in the neighborhood.
- Maximum functionality: While looks are an important consideration, a home also needs to be functional. We can help you design a house that includes practical features to meet your needs. Examples include a spacious kitchen, a master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom, an extra-large garage, an outdoor kitchen or a walk-in pantry.
Why Choose Ideal Construction & Remodeling?
At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, our construction expertise, education in engineering and extensive knowledge of home remodeling mean we’re among the most qualified builders in Northern Virginia.
As a second-generation, family-owned and -operated business, we understand the unique needs of customers throughout the region. We’ve earned a stellar reputation for creating products that exceed our customers’ expectations. We’ve also earned numerous awards for our work, including the Best of Houzz Service Award from 2017-2021, the Best of Houzz Design Award from 2019-2021 and the Arlington County Green Home Choice Award.
Choose Ideal Construction & Remodeling for all your new home construction needs!
Where We Build Custom Homes
Ideal Construction & Remodeling is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, enabling us to deliver fast, convenient service. You’ll have the confidence that comes from working with a custom home building company that knows the area and the current market. We work with homeowners in Washington, Northern Virginia and portions of Maryland. Check out the extensive list of cities we serve!
Page Updated 07/16/2021