What Are the Advantages of Adding a Second Floor?
Building on top of an existing structure has numerous benefits. You can:
- Stay in the home you love: Building a second-story addition creates the extra room you need without relocating your family to another neighborhood or city. Your kids can remain in the same schools, and you can maintain the relationships you’ve established with neighbors and local businesses.
- Keep your outdoor space: When you build upward instead of outward, you won’t infringe on the surrounding property. You can still enjoy family time outdoors, have space for a garden and give your kids and pets room to run and play.
- Enjoy maximum design flexibility: Adding a second story can double the size of your Chevy Chase home. Use the area for extra bedrooms, a study or home office, a sewing room or any space that fits your lifestyle requirements.
- Increase your home’s value: Full second-floor additions can increase your home’s value by up to 65%. You can receive an excellent return on investment if you decide to put your house on the market.
- Reduce your remodeling costs: It can be more cost-effective to add a second story than build outward. You’ll avoid altering your home’s foundation, and the permitting fees are typically less expensive.
About Our Process
When you choose Ideal Construction & Remodeling over other Chevy Chase second-story companies, you partner with an experienced design-build firm that handles every aspect of your project.
We start by scheduling an initial consultation where one of our project managers comes to your home to discuss your vision of the completed work and conduct other preliminary steps. We’ll then develop the design for your review.
Upon your approval, we’ll begin the construction phase, which includes securing the permits and physically executing the building of your new addition. We work quickly and efficiently while implementing steps to minimize disruptions to your family’s lifestyle. Afterward, we’ll take you on a walk-through to ensure you’re satisfied with the results.
What Are the Benefits of Working With Us?
The advantages of working with design-build second-story contractors like Ideal Construction & Remodeling include:
- A single source of accountability with clear communication channels.
- More control over the construction process and costs.
- Improved workflow continuity by minimizing costly interruptions.
- Faster project completion times.
- Enhanced collaboration and encouragement of the homeowner’s involvement and input.
- Expertise provided by an in-house team that works together on every job.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Take the next step to creating a second-story addition that will increase space and add value to your Chevy Chase home. Contact Ideal Construction & Remodeling to set up a convenient in-home consultation and receive a free, no-obligation estimate today.