What Are the Benefits of Second Story Additions in McLean?
Adding another level onto your home offers numerous advantages:
- Conserving outdoor space: By building vertically instead of horizontally, your addition won’t consume precious yard space. Your kids will have the same amount of room to play, and you can still enjoy activities like grilling or gardening.
- Maximum design flexibility: Constructing a new floor gives you numerous options for expanding. If your family is growing, you can use space to create those needed extra bedrooms. You could also add the amenities you’ve always dreamed of, like a man cave, home office, workout room or library. You could even add an elegant touch by connecting the first and second floors with a spiral staircase!
- Cost-effective: It can be less expensive to build up instead of out. You’ll avoid the high cost of digging a foundation, and you’ll pay less for permits and other fees.
- Higher property value: The extra floor can provide a solid return on your investment if you decide to sell the property. It will make your home more attractive to prospective buyers who need the space, and your asking price will be higher.
The Ideal Construction & Remodeling Process
Our team consists of experienced second-story addition contractors who follow a time-tested design-build method to deliver the best project results:
- Consultation: One of our project managers will schedule a convenient time to come to your McLean home. We’ll discuss what you want to accomplish with your addition, take measurements and conduct other preliminary steps.
- Design and planning: During this project step, we’ll work with you to create a custom design for your approval. We’ll also plan the job and finalize all the details, including establishing a transparent budget.
- Build: We’ll complete the construction of your addition while adhering to the timeline we developed during the planning stage. Our crews will make every effort to minimize disruptions to your family’s lifestyle. Our project manager will also be available to address any concerns.
- Walk-through: Near the end of the project, the project manager will take you through the work area and show you everything we’ve done. We’ll also generate a list of any remaining tasks and complete them.
Contact Us to Schedule a Free Consultation
Ideal Construction & Remodeling is a local design-build contractor with an extensive track record of completing successful second-floor additions in McLean and beyond. To learn more about how we can help you, call us at 703-241-1411 or contact us online to schedule a convenient in-home consultation today.