Ripping the roof off your house and adding a whole new level on top may sound like a drastic means of gaining space, but in residential areas where building out isn’t possible it’s a great solution. In many cases, a second story addition can be quite valuable, in terms of money and happiness.
If you want to expand your space, the team at Ideal Construction & Remodeling has the resources and experience necessary to complete a flawless second story addition.
Reasons for a Second Story Addition
When you think about adding a second story onto your home, it can sound a bit daunting. But, expanding vertically actually makes sense if you have a small lot, or you want to preserve your open green space. Don’t give up your gardens or that old shade tree—add up instead of adding on!
There are plenty of reasons for wanting to add a second story to your home, including:
- Cost-effectiveness. Building up is most more affordable than building out. One reason is because you won’t have to do any foundation work, which can be one of the costliest parts of home remodeling.
- More space. Adding a new level that fits on top of your home’s existing structure means you’ll double its square footage in a matter of days.
- Ability to stay in the neighborhood. If you have little to no space to expand horizontally, but you love your neighborhood, you can solve your dilemma by expanding up. If you live in a poplar or historic neighborhood, your home value may also increase with a second story addition.
- Extra privacy. Maybe you need more space for your teenage children, or maybe your in-laws are moving in. Whatever the case, a second story will allow for additional privacy, even while your family is experiencing growth.
Our Second Story Addition Process
At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, our design and construction process is simple and tailored to your unique wants and needs. Our process includes:
- Initial consultation. To begin, one of our project managers will set up a complementary site visit. During this visit, we will learn more about your remodeling priorities and take measurements of the existing space. This meeting usually lasts about 1-2 hours.
- Design and planning. During this stage, our architects, designers, and project managers work with you to finalize the design and draft more detailed construction plans. This is when we discuss specifics, including design, functionality, budget, and more.
- Once the contract is signed, we pull the necessary permits, review the final production sequence, and schedule of your project with you. During this process, we take measures to ensure your home is protected from the construction process and dust. You will correspond with the project manager regularly during this stage.
- Walk-though and project completion. Toward the end of the project, we conduct a walk-through with you and prepare a final punch list of any items not yet completed. We make effort to complete these items quickly. At this point the project is completed and your warranty period
Schedule Your Consultation for Second Story Addition in MD, DC & VA
If you’re ready to work with a team of expert design and construction specialists, you’ve come to the right place. At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, we are ready to get started on your second story addition. Contact us online or by phone at 703-241-1411 to schedule your free consultation.