What Are the Benefits of a Sunroom Addition?
If you’re looking to expand your home, you may want to consider a new sunroom addition. Sunrooms offer you a space that can adapt to numerous purposes while providing a light, warm atmosphere that you and your family will love.
By adding a new sunroom to your home, you’re creating a space that you and guests of all ages will enjoy for many reasons. A sunroom addition enables you to:
1. Enjoy a Healthful Room
Sunrooms offer many health benefits. The warmth you feel from the sunlight while protected from the elements is simply the easiest to notice.
With daily exposure to more sunlight, you are boosting both your physical and mental well-being. A few other health benefits you will enjoy by constructing a new sunroom include:
- Vitamin D Boost: The sun’s rays provide us with essential vitamin D, which keeps the bones and heart healthy and strengthens the immune system.
- Better Sleep: Exposure to natural light, especially early in the morning, helps regulate your circadian rhythm for a deeper, sounder sleep at night.
- Lower Blood Pressure: There is a direct connection between greater exposure to sunlight and lower blood pressure.
- Better Mood: The state of our mood is affected by our exposure to light and dark, whether we realize it or not. By building a sunroom addition, you can both figuratively and literally bring more light into your life.
2. Add Value to Your Home
Adding a sunroom increases the square footage of your home, which enhances its value. On average, a sunroom provides a return on investment of 49%, meaning that it will boost the value of your home by approximately half the cost of the addition. To illustrate, a $20,000 sunroom will add around $10,000 to your home’s resale value.
Additionally, many prospective buyers view sunrooms as an attractive feature, which may make them more likely to purchase your home instead of another.
3. Create More Living and Entertaining Space
A new sunroom provides extra space that can serve a variety of purposes. Use it as a family room where you and your loved ones can relax and enjoy each other’s company. It also creates a quiet oasis that’s ideal for a home office or engaging in hobbies like painting, writing or drawing.
If you entertain frequently, your sunroom addition offers a warm, sunny space that will be a big hit with your guests. It’s a perfect spot for hosting a book club meeting, a small cocktail or dinner party, or a casual gathering of relatives or friends.
Contact Ideal Construction & Remodeling for a Quote Today!
Ideal Construction & Remodeling would love to talk to you about your vision for a new sunroom addition. We will work with you throughout the entire process — from drawing plans all the way to completion — to make your idea a reality.
Please call us at 703-241-1411 or submit a contact form if you have any questions or would like a free in-home consultation.