If you are considering a great room addition in Northern Virginia, Washington, DC, or Maryland, it’s time to call the professionals. At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, we can plan a perfect great room addition that will be aesthetically pleasing and functional. Contact us today at 703-241-1411 to learn more!
The Benefits of a Great Room Addition
When you add an extra room onto your home, you want it to be functional and inviting. A great room can do just that because it’s a room for the entire family. Unlike a guest room that you may only use occasionally, a great room can be an everyday space that every member of your family enjoys. In addition, great rooms provide the following benefits.
- Versatility. A great room can be anything you want it to be. It can even change purposes as quickly as your whims. For example, it can be the setting for a cozy family movie night on Friday and set the stage for a Girl Scout meeting on Saturday. The options are nearly endless.
- Natural light. Most great rooms are attached to the rear of your home—although side great rooms are an option, too—and have doors that open to the outside. Beautiful French doors or sliding glass can give your home a bit of natural light.
- Open space. If you crave open space for activities, a great room is the answer. Great rooms are designed to be large areas with typically high ceilings to give you all of the room to breathe and move.
Custom Designs for Your Home Addition
To make the most of your great room addition, we often recommend many design elements to enhance your new space. Some of our favorite design elements include:
- Windowed walls. For the wall that faces the outside, we often recommend installing lots of windows or even floor-to-ceiling glass to bring in soft, natural light.
- Built-in surround sound. Great rooms often turn into large theater rooms, so knowing where you want to place the television can help when your builders are wiring your audio equipment to enhance the sound quality.
- Fireplaces. If you want your great room to be cozy and relaxing, a fireplace, whether gas, electric, or wood-burning, can add a sense of ambiance to your new room.
- Dramatic ceilings. A great room addition is a perfect opportunity to add some drama to your décor with a vaulted, coffered, or tray ceiling.
- Sitting area. Even in a spacious family room, there should be space for quiet moments and solitary getaways—install a reading nook for extra privacy!
If you can dream it, we can create a viable plan of action to make it a reality. At Ideal Construction & Remodeling, we love big projects, so let’s get started!
Schedule A Consultation for Your Great Room Addition Project
Are you ready to get started on your great room addition? Choose a design/build remodeling company that is local to the area and has a reputation for excellence. Contact Ideal Construction & Remodeling online or by phone at 703-241-1411 to schedule your first appointment today!
Ideal Construction & Remodeling offer great room addition services in these cities: Annandale, Arlington, Bethesda, Burke, Fairfax, Falls Church, Foxhall Crescent, Georgetown, Great Falls, McLean, Oakton, Palisades, Potomac, Reston, Vienna, and Washington DC.
Page Updated 12/23/2019